73-79 Ford Pickup VHX Instruments, Black Alloy
1978-79 Ford Bronco
1973-79 Ford F-series trucks
Ships 8-10 weeks after the order is placed
Black Alloy Guage Face
The new VHX Systems fit directly into the stock instrument bezel of a 1973-79 Ford Pickup and 1978-79 Ford Bronco without modification.
Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems . Completely engineered and manufactured at Dakota Digital's facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!
- Speedometer 0 -160 MPH (optional metric version 0- 255 kmh)
- Tachometer 0- 8,000 RPM
- Oil Pressure 0- 80 psi
- Water Temperature 100- 260ºF (optional metric version 40- 120ºC)
- Fuel Level E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- Voltmeter 9- 17 VDC
Lighting Back lit technology is popular with performance instrumentation due to precise lighting allowing you see what is truly important when you really need it at a quick glance. Each number, tick mark, annunciator, needle, indicator and digital message center is lit by a series of LEDs behind the gauge face.
Digital Message Centers
- Standard Displays
- Odometer (One time user settable, Million Mile)
- Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0- 9,999.9)
- Clock (12 hour)
- 0- 60 MPH Timer (0- 100 kmh)
- 1/4 mile time
- 1/4 mile end speed (trap speed)
- High speed recall
- High RPM recall
- Speedometer (0- 255 MPH/kmh)
- Tachometer (0- 9,990 RPM)
- Oil Pressure (0-100 psi displayed in 1 psi increments)
- Water Temperature (100- 300ºF/ 40- 150ºC displayed in 1 ºF/ºC increments)
- Voltmeter (9- 17 VDC)
- Fuel Level (0-99% full)
- Auto-contrasting LCD display for optimal view in the brightest of sunlight.
- LED backlit at night to match/ complete the look at night.
- Turn Signals (Left/ Right)
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Parking Brake
- Cruise Control (On/ On & Engaged when vehicle is equipped)
- Gear Position (Optional GSS-2000 sensor required)
- 4 x 4 (When vehicle is equipped)
- Wait to Start (When vehicle is equipped)
-Water Temperature 1/8" NPT, ground isolated sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- Oil Pressure 1/8" NPT solid state sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- Cable Driven Speed Sensor/ Generator Replaces Ford and/ or GM style speedometer cables with a 10 ft harness.
- Bushings Each kit comes with 1/8" to 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" NPT bushings along with bushings for 12mm and 16mm x 1.5 threads.
Pushbutton Dakota Digital instruments are programmed and operated by the push of a button. Simply mount the included pushbuttons supplied with your gauges in a convenient and easily accessible location. These buttons are used to calibrate your speedometer, set the cylinder count and the fuel level gauge. Once properly configured these same buttons are used to access the wealth of information located in the Digital Message Centers